Branch activities of the DIET as per the DIET guidelines
Pre-service Teacher Education
- To organize quality Pre-Service Training for the Elementary School Teachers.
- To propagate Learner Centered Education through preparation of TLM and SLM.
- To provide Child centered Subject related methodology to the teacher trainees.
- To provide psychological guidance and counseling services to schools.
- To prepare learning aids to special children.
- To conduct In-service training to teachers.
- To maintain Science Lab, psychology Lab, Work Experience Materials, Art Education Articles, Physical Education Equipment and maintaining a garden.
- To conduct Action Research on enrolment, retention, participation, regularity and learner’s achievement in Lab Area Schools.
- To promote and support Yoga, Physical Education, Health Education by conducting competitions like debate, elocution, seminar, quiz, essay writing, dance, music, songs etc.,
- To identify locally relevant WE areas and develop sample curricular units, TLM, Low cost teaching aids and evaluation tools/techniques.
- To help educational authorities and schools in planned introduction of WE activities.
- To conduct appropriate in service programs for teachers in the areas of WE
- To provide WE related inputs into all other programs and activities of the institute.
- To organize activities for cleanliness, upkeep and development of the campus and for basic maintenance of furniture and other properties.
- To organize and promote community service activities and study visits to work centers.
- To maintain Workshop /Garden for WE activities.
- To promote work-related hobbies among teacher trainees.
District Resource Unit
- To assist educational authorities in planning and coordinating training programs for AE/NFE personnel.
- To serve as the nodal branch for organizing programs of induction training and continuing education for instructors and supervisors of NFE/AE.
- To conduct orientation program for RPs from NYK, NFE/AE, NGO etc.
- To provide instructional inputs into core areas and individual subjects.
- To evaluate and monitor the quality and efficacy of the training programs for NFE/AE personnel.
- To maintain a data base on all NFE/AE personnel.
- To undertake and develop curriculum, basic and post-literacy TLM, low cost teaching aids and evaluation tools for AE/NFE.
- To undertake field interaction and act as the referral unit for academic problems in AE/NFE.
- To help the DBE and AE/NFE authorities in organizing media support for AE/NFE programs.
- To undertake action research in all areas.
- To provide NFE/AE related inputs in pre- service and in-service education programs for teachers.
In-Service Programme, Field Interaction, Innovation & Coordination
- To assist educational authorities in planning and coordinating in-service education programs throughout the district.
- To identify training needs of elementary teachers in the district.
- To prepare an annual calendar of all programs to be held in and outside the DIET.
- To serve as the nodal branch for organizing service education programs for teachers and HMs.
- To conduct orientation programs for RPs who conduct in-service programs.
- To conduct in-service programs for teachers in the Distance/Distance cum contact modes.
- To evaluate and monitor the quality and efficacy of in-service programs and strive for their continuous improvement.
- To maintain a data-base on all persons who undergo training and organize follow-up activities.
- To serve as a reference and resource centres for teachers who wish to continue their education.
- To act as the nodal branch for all action research and field interactions activities.
- To co-ordinate in-house action research activities and disseminate its results.
- To act as a clearing house for information on results of all studies, research, innovation etc.
- To publish periodic newsletter.
Curriculum material development and evaluation
- To adapt existing curricular units and develop new locally relevant units for the district in various subjects.
- To develop teaching – learning materials for general and locally developed curricular units.
- To adopt innovative techniques and guidelines for continuous and summative learner evaluation.
- To develop evaluation tools and techniques for diagnostic testing, remedial programs and talent identification procedures.
- To help the DRU in development work for AE/NFE.
- To undertake testing on sample basis to assess achievement levels among primary & upper primary learners and adult learners under NLM.
- To help educational authorities and schools in implementing a reliable and valid system of learner evaluation.
- To conduct workshops for the adaptation development work relating to CMDE.
- To provide CMDE related inputs into all other programs/activities of pre-service and in-service.
- To develop simple, effective and low-cost teaching aids for elementary education.
- To help the DRU in developing low-cost teaching aids for AE/NFE
- To maintain all AV equipment of the institute and computer lab.
- To maintain a display area for good & low-cost teaching aids.
- To maintain a library of educational VCDs.
- To lend and borrow slides, cassettes and films to other institutions.
- To liaise with nearby radio station for arranging educational broadcasts.
- To conduct in-service programs for teachers in the area of ET.
- To conduct workshops for the development work
- To provide ET related inputs into all programs/activities of pre-service and in-service branch.
Planning & Management
- To maintain an appropriate data-base for the district.
- To conduct studies with a view to give policy advice to educational planners/administrators/DBE regarding UEE/NLM.
- To study the effects of various interventions of the state.
- To conduct studies in relation to enrolment, retention and regularity of attendance of children and adult learners.
- To develop norms, criteria and techniques for evaluation of institutions.
- To provide technical assistance to educational authorities in school mapping , micro-planning in UPE/UEE, formation and activation of school complexes, institutional planning and evaluation.
- To serve as the nodal branch in relation to all programs of community involvement and conduct orientation programs members of DBE,VEC, youth and other voluntary educational workers.
- To conduct appropriate programs for HMs, block level educational functionaries in P&M.
- To appraise the efficacy of various programs of educational development implemented in the district.
- To act as the nodal branch for preparing quin-quennial and annual institutional plans and annual self-evaluation reports.
- To provide P & M related inputs into all programs/activities of pre-service and in-service.